Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012

steamed-up specs

Eyeglasses gone all foggy?


They drive me crazy. One expects one's specs to steam up when one opens the oven door or takes the lid off a boiling pot, but should eyeglasses steam up simply because you have been reading a while?

Not to mention going foggy just because you have put them on.

I have special cloths, anti-fogging sprays, and cannisters of special lens cleaner.  I use them all the time, but they only work for a very short time.

Then, by accident, I found a much better alternative.  I was leaning over the newspaper, trying to read it, and in a fit of impatience I took off my specs and gave them a good wipe with the corner of the current page.

Presto.  I already knew that newspaper is great for finishing off windows after you have cleaned them.  A piece of newspaper is just as good for eyeglasses.

It must be something to do with the ink.

2 comments:

Mark Hubbard said...

Um, one word. Scratch ;)

World of the Written Word said...

Scratch? The dear old Dominion Post? Never!